This mosaic shows several of the mosquito fleet wrecks. These were the early passenger ferries that moved people and goods accross the lake before the floating bridges were built.
This image shows what is believed to be the hull of the Lake Washington steamer Urania. The Urania was a passenger ferry operating between Kenmore, Juanita, and Madison Park Seattle. The 85' Urania burned and was later scuttled off Houghton (Kirkland) on February 12, 1914. This vessel's identity was originally reported by SCRET in 2002.
The Urania was built in 1907 for Captain John Anderson. An interesting sideline is the account of Gordon R. Newell author of H.W. McCurdy Marine History of the Pacific Northwest published by Superior Publishing who claims the Urania was transferred from Lake Washington to the Puget Sound in 1917.